Install Smoke Detectors Protect You and Your Family From Fire:
- When purchasing smoke detectors it is important to be sure that the detector has both ionization and photoelectric sensors.
- Note: If you have any fossil fuel burning appliances such as a gas furnace, a wood burning fireplace, or if you have an attached garage, be sure to get detectors with carbon monoxide sensors as well.
- Smoke detectors should be installed in every bedroom, in the hall outside of the bedrooms and one on each floor.
- All Detectors should be replaced every 10 years.
- Always follow manufacturer instructions when installing detectors
- Maintain your smoke detector.
- Develop and rehearse an escape plan so when your detector sounds, family members react appropriately.