- Severe weather can happen any time of the year.
- Most everyone has a cell phone today that is capable of receiving severe weather alerts.
- There are apps you can download that will allow you to monitor severe weather in your area.
- Be informed, get a battery back-up NOAA weather radio.
- Plan ahead for disasters.
- When a natural disaster or severe weather strikes, have a plan in place.
- Prepare, plan & stay informed.
The National Weather Service uses specific terminology to relay the weather threat to the public. There are a variety of watches and warnings you need to understand in order to be prepared.