ALL ELECTRICAL SYSTEM REPAIRS MUST BE MADE BY A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN
Instruction on electrical repairs is beyond the scope of this website
Electricity is an essential part of our lives. However, it has the potential to cause great harm. Electrical systems will function almost indefinitely if properly installed and not overloaded or physically abused. Electrical fires in our homes claim the lives of 485 Americans each year and injure 2,305 more. Some of these fires are caused by electrical system failures and appliance defects, but many more are caused by the misuse and poor maintenance of electrical appliances, incorrectly installed wiring, and overloaded circuits and extension cords.
- It is always recommended to have a qualified Electrician perform any repairs or modifications to any electrical system or related component.
- Find and correct overloaded circuits.
- Never place extension cords under rugs.
- Outlets near water or in damp areas should be GFCI type outlets.
- Don’t allow trees near power lines to be climbed.
- Keep ladders, kites, equipment and anything else away from overhead power lines.